Classics fantasy – 5
The entrance to a vault had a big passenger airplane. Around the eternal ice desert was spread. There was a night.
The polar lights polosovat the sky sheaves of beams of the gentle changing coloring.
Johnson, already in a warm fur coat, with pleasure inhaled clean frosty air.
– I will bring you to the house! – told Kruks, helping Johnson to walk upstairs in a cabin.
The airplane quickly rose in air.
Johnson saw the same cross-country terrain, the same frozen craters appearing from time to time for ways as steppe barrows, and the same bears to whom he so envied recently. Here and ancient gray-haired waves of the Atlantic Ocean. It is a little more time, and coast of England heaved in sight in gray fog.
Cardiff… mines… cozy cottages… Here also its white cottage which is buried in dense verdure of a garden is seen. At Johnson heart was strongly clogged. Now he will see Frederica, will take on little Samuel’s hands and will begin to throw up.
«Still, still!» – the kid as usual will murmur.
The airplane was made by an abrupt bend and went down on a lawn at Johnson’s lodge.
Johnson in impatience left a cabin.
Air was warm. Having thrown off a fur coat, Johnson ran to a lodge. Крукс hardly kept up with it.
There was a fine autumn evening. The setting sun brightly lit large red apples on garden apple-trees.
– However – with surprise Johnson said – really I overslept till fall?
He ran up to a fencing of a garden and saw the son and the wife. Little Samuel sat among autumn flowers and with laughter threw mother’s apples. Frederica’s face was not visible behind apple-tree branches.
– Samuel! Frederica! – joyfully Johnson cried and, having jumped through a low fencing, ran through beds towards to the wife and the son.
But the kid instead of rushing towards to the father, began to cry, having taken away the approaching Johnson, and in a fright rushed to mother.
Johnson stopped and suddenly uvidat the mistake: it were not Samuel and Frederica though the boy very much resembled his son. Young mother left because of a tree. It was one years with Frederica, same light and ruddy. But hair were more dark. Of course, it is not Frederica! And as soon as he could be mistaken! Possibly, it is one of neighbors or Frederica’s girlfriends.
Johnson slowly approached and bowed. The young woman expectantly looked at it.
– Forgive, I, apparently, frightened your son – he told, getting accustomed to the child and being surprised to similarity with Itself – ale. – Frederica of the house?
– What Frederica? – the woman asked.
– Frederica Johnson, my wife!
– Whether you were mistaken the address? – the woman answered. – Frederica is not here…
– Pretty business! That I was mistaken in the address of own house!
– Your house?.
– And whose? – This confused woman began to irritate Johnson.
On a threshold of a lodge the young man of years of thirty three attracted obviously, seemed noise of voices.
– In what business, Elaine? – he asked, without descending from a step of a porch and popykhivy a short tube.
– Business is in that – Johnson answered that during my absence here, obviously, there were some changes the question turned not to it – … Others lodged in my house…
– In your house? – derisively the young man standing on a porch asked.
– Yes, in my house! – Johnson answered, having waved a hand on the cottage.
– With whom I have honor to speak? – the young man asked.
– I am Bendzhemin Johnson!
– Bendzhemin Johnson? – the young man asked again and burst out laughing. You hear, Elaine? – he addressed the woman. – One more Bendzhemin Johnson and owner of this cottage!
– Allow to assure you – suitable Kruks suddenly put in a ward – that before you really Bendzhemin Johnson. – And he pointed to Johnson by a hand.
– It becomes entertaining. And with itself dragged the witness! Allow also you to tell that your joke is unsuccessful. Thirty three years I was Bendzhemin Johnson who was born in this house and its owner, and now you want to convince me that the owner of the house, Bendzhemin Johnson, this young man!
– I not only want, but also I hope to convince you of it if you allow to come into the house and to explain you some circumstances, obviously to unknown to you.
Крукс said so convincingly that the young man, having thought a little, invited him and Johnson to the house.
With nervousness Johnson entered the house which left so recently. He still hoped to meet on the usual place, at a fireplace, Frederica and the son playing at her legs on a floor. But they were not there…
With greedy curiosity Johnson threw the room in which carried out so many joyful and bitter minutes.
All furniture was unfamiliar, alien to it.
Only over a fireplace still painted plates Elizabethan times – a family jewelry Dzhonsonov hung.
And at a fireplace in a deep chair the gray-haired, decrepit old man with the legs wrapped in a plaid, despite warm day sat. The old man took entered an unfriendly view.
– The father – addressed the young man the old man – these people claim that one of them Bendzhemin Johnson and the owner of the house. Whether you wish to catch one more sonny?
– Bendzhemin Johnson – the old man proshamkat, examining Kruks – so called my father… but he died in Greenland long ago, in this damned glacier where froze people!.
– Allow me to tell how there was a business – Kruks answered. – First of all, Johnson not I, and here it. I Kruks. Scientist, historian.
And, addressing the old man, it began the story:
– To you was if I am not mistaken, about two years, when your father, Bendzhemin Johnson, fell into a trap the coalman Gilbert and decided to subject himself to «freezing» to save you and your mother from starvation during unemployment. Also many other suffered much and desperate family workers followed Johnson’s example soon. Being empty Konservatorium on the northwest coast of Greenland quickly was filled with bodies of the frozen workers. But Carlson and Gilbert were mistaken in the calculations.
Freezing of workers did not solve the crisis which endured the English capitalism. Even on the contrary: it only aggravated the inflamed passions of class fight. The most firm workers were revolted with «the frozen human flesh» as they called application of anabiosis to «conservation» of the unemployed, and used freezing as propaganda means. Revolution broke out. Group of the armed workers, having captured airplanes, went to Greenland with the purpose to recover the brothers who were dead asleep and to put them in ranks of fighting.
Then Carlson and Gilbert, wishing to anticipate events, gave on radio the order to the servants in Greenland to blow up Konservatorium, hoping to explain this crime with accident.